Festive Recipe – Candy Cane Cookies
Here is an easy recipe to make with the kids this Christmas!
1 cup (250 ml) butter, softened
2 cups (500 ml) icing sugar
2 tsp. (10 ml) vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups (560 ml) all purpose flour
½ cup (125 ml) crushed peppermint candies
½ cup (125 ml) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, icing sugar, egg, vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Roll into 3” strips, place on baking sheet.
- Curve tops down to form handles for canes.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Combine peppermint candies with sugar.
- While still warm, sprinkle cookies with candy and sugar mixture.
*Makes 48 cookies