- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or canola oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups old fashioned oats (not quick cook)
- 2 cups nuts and seeds (a mixture of sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, sliced almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, cashews, etc.)
- 1 cup of dried fruit (blueberries, chopped apricots or mango, raisins, cranberries, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, nuts, and seeds.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, combine syrup, brown sugar, butter, and oil, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and ingredients are combined. Add the cinnamon, pinch of salt, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture, and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread granola on cookie sheets and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the granola turns golden brown.
- Allow to cool – then mix in the dried fruit.
- Store in airtight containers or mason jars (it should keep up to a month at room temperature).