Maple Syrup Recipes
MAPLE CORN BREAD
1 1/3 cups (325 ml) sifted all-purpose flour
4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
2/3 cup (150 ml) cornmeal
2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
1/3 cup (75 ml) maple syrup
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup (50 ml) butter, melted
1/4 cup (50 ml) maple syrup
1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9” square cake pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir in cornmeal with fork.
- Combine milk, 1/3 cup (75 ml) maple syrup, butter, and eggs; add to dry ingredients. Stir until just blended.
- Spoon into baking pan and smooth.
- Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup (50 ml) maple syrup over batter.
- Sprinkle with walnuts (if desired).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe obtained from the Ontario Maple Syrup Producers Association website www.ontariomaple.com
Fun and easy recipes!
- Mixing 2 tablespoons of Maple Syrup into a glass of Ice Cold Milk, makes a great treat!
- Maple Syrup is a perfect topping for vanilla ice cream!