For a healthy, crunchy, delicious snack, try this recipe! Chickpeas are packed full of nutrients, high in fibre, but low in cholesterol…and are great for heart health!
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- seasonings of your choice (see below for suggestions)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, then pat dry on paper towel.
- Place chickpeas in a bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the beans are crunchy (test one – if they are still soft on the inside, keep baking).
- Remove from oven and while beans are still hot, mix in seasonings.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
They are best the first day, but can be kept in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Seasoning Suggestions (add more or less if you like, these are just guidelines)
- Honey & cinnamon – ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, 2 tablespoons honey (put back in the oven for 10-15 minutes to caramelize if desired)
- Garlic & parmesan – ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Nacho – 2 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, ½ tsp sea salt